The Student News Site of Gilmer High School

Purple and White

Purple and White

Purple and White

Your Local Prom Guide

Prom is one of the most exciting events students can attend in their high school years. While it is a fun and joy filled night, making all the plans and deciding where to go to eat, to take photos, and everything in between can be stressful. Here are some of the most popular prom photo spots, restaurants and makeup and hairstyle trends. 

Photos

There are many beautiful places to take pictures in and around Ellijay. Downtown Ellijay and downtown Blue Ridge both have unique and beautiful shops and murals. Blue Ride in particular has a train that comes through which would be a beautiful contrast of background. Downtown Talking Rock has some vintage shops and a gorgeous creek that runs by it which would make a great photo spot. 

Many of the vineyards in Ellijay and Blue Ridge have gorgeous views of the mountains. Cartecay Vineyards has a great view of the mountains and a nice seating area that would be a good background for photos. Grapes and Ladders also has some nice places to take pictures. 

Gibbs Garden is a botanical garden in Ball Ground that has some beautiful greenery and ponds. It does cost money to get it, but it is definitely worth it. Harrison Park in Ellijay has a vintage white barn and lots of greenery; these are great for picture backgrounds. 

Restaurants

As for restaurants, there are so many delicious places to eat. If you are looking for something a bit more laid back, Cantaberry, El Rey, or Pueblos are all really popular. Butcher and Bottle, The Roof, Longhorn, Big Bear Ellijay, and Charlie’s Restaurant are also delicious restaurants that are a bit more formal. 

Some of the more popular places to eat in Blue Ridge include Chesters, Black Sheep, The Pasta Market, Toccoa Riverside Restaurant, and The General Ledger. 

Makeup and Hair

Many new hair trends have become popular in recent years. These include: braids and bubble braids, half-up-half-down looks, middle parts, and straight and curled hair.

More natural looks consisting of neutral eyeshadow, natural false lashes, and a pink-nude lipsticks. However, glammed-up looks have continued to be popular. These looks include bold eyeshadow, dramatic eyelashes, and a bold lip stick. 

Nails

Nails are also a very important part to any stylish prom look. VN Nails, Nails and Spa, Lucky Nails, Best Nails, and Ellijay Nails are some local options for nails. Vanity nail salon in Cumming and Nails with Julie in Dalton are very popular among students as well. One of our students, Jessica Guzman, has also been doing nails and is open to doing prom nails. 

Be sure to check the weather and have a backup plan incase of rain!