The Student News Site of Gilmer High School

Purple and White

Purple and White

Purple and White

Bobcats Take the Series vs. Warriors

KateLynn Carder
Junior Hayden Berry slides into home to score for the Bobcats.

On Monday, April 8,  the Bobcats beat the White County Warriors 11-6. The team played well with many notable performances. Hayden Berry and Dalton Crisp hit 2 out of 3 times. Eli Cooper hit 3 singles, stole 2 bases and scored 3 runs. Noah Gutillo hit a single, double, and a homerun with 4 RBI’s. Austin Zabala pitched 4 innings striking out 5 players and only allowed 3 hits. 

On Thursday April 11, the Cats played a hard fought game against the Warriors but came up short losing 9-7. Although they did not come out on top they had many players with notable stats. Zabala had 4 singles and stole 2 bases. Ethan McCollum had 2 singles and 2 stolen bases. Crisp had 1 double while Hayden West had 1 single with 2 stolen bases. 

Friday, April 12, the Bobcats played a great game beating the Warriors 6-1. In this game, Noah Gutillo had 2 singles and a double with 3 RBI’s and 1 stolen base. Cooper hit a single and a double while Crisp hit a double with 1 RBI. Blake Grizzle had 1 RBI and McCollum pitched 7 innings and had 7 strikeouts with 4 strikeout looking. 

The Bobcat record for the season is 11 wins and 13 losses. They have had big wins over Fannin winning 15-0, Murray county 13-1 and Wesleyan 6-5. They are currently ranked 6th in region and 229 out of 508 in the state. The last series will be played against West Hall, away on April 15th and home on April 17th. Congratulations Bobcats on the big wins!